- Login to your Havurah account.
- Go to EVENTS and then choose CALENDAR from the dropdown menu.
- Click on the event you want to sign up for.
- Click the green ENROLL button on the SESSION you want to enroll in. (If registration has not opened yet, you cannot sign up).
You will receive an email confirmation that you are enrolled, and a reminder 24 hours prior.
Havurah, or friendship group, at Sun City Anthem, Henderson, Nevada, was formed in 2002 as a means for Jewish residents and others, new to the community or established, to meet, socialize and ease the transition from their prior locations. We often tell new members to think of us as their “new family.” This is achieved by organizing a variety of social, cultural, educational and recreational events throughout the year.
The SCA Havurah welcomes all SCA residents to join and participate in its activities.
All members and prospective members please watch this film about our club by Anthem's top videographer, Ary Mirochnik.
Cantor Gershon from Midbar Kodesh performed and invited us to sing along at our May Membership meeting. To hear the performance, click HERE. Our thanks to Ary Mirochnik for videotaping the evening for us.
1) Click on login, then FORGOT MY PASSWORD. (If you share an email account with your spouse/partner, you each must set up your own login using your SCA ID #, not your e-mail address; your password setup links will still be sent to your email).
2) Go to your email inbox and find the email just sent from the Havurah Club. There will be a link for you to click on that will bring you back to the website set up a password.
Three steps forward, two steps back. Two steps forward, one step back. At least we’re making forward progress.
I’m guessing many of you feel the same way I do. We were all ready for our Shabbat Dinner and then, poof. All of the planning up in smoke. The good news is that we have so many other events planned and we’re moving ahead. Rather than rescheduling the Shabbat Dinner, since we have another planned for May 6, we’ll just move the Bingo program to then.
Oh, what a night! Well, it wasn’t late December, and it wasn’t ’63, but it certainly was a night to remember. To see people reconnecting and dancing and having a great time, was certainly in order. Our Events Coordinators, Helene Laefer and Jan Grinel, and their committee certainly know how to put on a show. We thank them all for their efforts. The food and latkes were delicious, and the music and the gift baskets added to the success of the evening. I understand they had fun putting the night together, too.
HERE is a link to the presentation by Havurah members Ary and Anna Mirochnik at our November 3 General Meeting.
The Mirochniks told their story of living conditions in Kiev; being Jewish in that part of the world years after World War II; their difficult journey to the U.S. and their accomplishments as U.S. citizens.